Prithvi Shaw Attacked in Mumbai For Denying Selfie

According to reports, Mumbai Police have filed a First Information Report (FIR) against two individuals for allegedly attacking the car of Indian cricketer Prithvi Shaw after he declined their request for a selfie. The young Indian player had reportedly already declined the request once before, and when he did so again, the over-enthusiastic fans became agitated.

The incident took place on the evening of February 15, 2023, at the Mansion Club located in the Sahara Star Hotel, Mumbai. Two fans, identified as Sana Gill and Shobit Thakur, approached Prithvi Shaw for a selfie, and the U-19 World Cup-winning India captain agreed to their request. However, when they asked for another selfie, Shaw declined, after which the hotel management intervened and asked the duo to leave.

Reportedly upset with the cricketer’s behavior, the two fans waited outside the hotel and began following a car belonging to Shaw’s friend, Ashish Yadav. When the car approached the Lotus petrol station at Jogeshwari Link Road, some individuals obstructed Yadav’s path and smashed the car’s window with a baseball bat.

At the time of the attack, Ashish was accompanied by his friend and driver, and Prithvi Shaw was not present in the car as he had already left in a separate vehicle. Following the incident, Ashish went to the Oshiwara Police station and lodged a complaint.

Eight individuals have been named in the complaint, and the police have initiated an investigation into the matter. The complaint has been registered under several sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), including 384, 143, 148, 149, 427, 504, and 506.

According to a statement released by the Mumbai Police, the Oshiwara Police have registered a case against eight individuals for their alleged involvement in an attack on the car of a friend of Indian cricketer Prithvi Shaw.

The incident reportedly occurred after Shaw declined a request for a second selfie from two individuals. As per Yadav’s account to the police, the attackers arrived in a car and three bikes and even demanded a ransom of Rs. 50,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *