Over the past three years in the IPL, the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) have endured a series of disastrous seasons. They have consistently trimmed their roster by releasing several players each year, a tradition they seem likely to continue by parting ways with approximately five players from their current squad in preparation for the IPL 2024 Auction.
SRH has been undergoing significant personnel changes, including alterations in coaching staff and player compositions. Unfortunately, their performance in the last three IPL seasons has been abysmal, with finishes of 8th place in 2021 and 2022, followed by a dismal 10th-place finish in the most recent edition.
As the IPL 2024 Auction approaches, the SRH management is harboring newfound optimism. They plan to release some underperforming players and seek to acquire dependable replacements.
In today’s era, many franchises extensively utilize social media to disseminate team-related news, and SRH is no exception. Their official social media channels are highly active, regularly providing updates to their followers.
In a recent Twitter post, SRH shared an image from the popular cricket game ‘EA Cricket 2007,’ displaying the current roster of the Sunrisers squad. However, keen observers noticed the absence of five names from the squad, sparking rumors that these players might be released in the upcoming IPL auction.
Alexa, please play 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝟎𝟕 iconic music playlist 🎶🏏 pic.twitter.com/mHjSNVe31U— SunRisers Hyderabad (@SunRisers) September 21, 2023
The five players likely to be released from the SRH squad are as follows:
- Akeal Hosien – The West Indian spin-bowling all-rounder has only appeared in a single IPL match for SRH. He scored 16 runs and took 1 wicket but conceded 40 runs during his sole game.
- Anmolpreet Singh – The 25-year-old batsman featured in only four matches during the IPL 2023 season for SRH, accumulating a total of 105 runs. He was acquired by SRH for a modest Rs. 20 lakh in the IPL 2023 auction.
- Nitish Kumar Reddy – The 20-year-old batting all-rounder had the opportunity to play in only two IPL matches in 2023, where he did not get a chance to bat. However, he did bowl but conceded a significant number of runs.
- Upendra Yadav – The player has yet to make his debut in the IPL.
- Samarth Vyas – The 27-year-old all-rounder has not had the chance to participate in a single IPL game.